St John’s Anglican Church Newcastle
We want our church to make a difference in Newcastle
- More than just a place to go on Sundays
- More than just a church to get baptised in
- More than just a wedding venue
- Not just a pretty church…
- Our vision is to continue to enable, through the love of God, a community that journeys towards maturity in Christ, reflecting their unique call to become active members in the body of Christ.
Our mission is to draw closer to God and reach further into Newcastle and the world around us, showing God’s love by what we do and what we say. We aim to be a Christian community that engages, surprises and challenges people with the love, grace and peace of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that through God’s love, shown in word, ministry and action, people will be drawn into relationship with God and with each other. We expect that – through this relationship with God – people will be challenged to bring hope and work for justice in Newcastle and around our world.